5 Tips for Choosing the Right Indianapolis Roofing Contractor
Replacing a roof is the kind of thing that most homeowners do once in a lifetime. The process can seem overwhelming, even to dedicated DIY-ers and handymen. These simple tips will let you find the right Indianapolis roofing contractor for your home or business.
1) They don’t call you, you call them
You don’t want to let the roofing storm-chasers go to work on your roof. Door-to-door salesmen are not always the same, but whether they’re selling vacuum cleaners or roof repairs: their job is to make the sale so check them out online after they have made contact with you.
When your roof is in need of repair, you should contact a few recommended companies. Indianapolis roofers are available online. You can also find them by word of mouth—but you may not have the time to ask around if you have damage to your roof.
2) Make sure to get their insurance information
Your Indianapolis roofing contractor has to have worker’s compensation and liability insurance. This point is non-negotiable; you want to be sure that an insurance company will be there in the event that something goes wrong. An employer who doesn’t have the basics covered is taking a gamble with your roof and their business; you don’t need the added risk.
3) Getting a quote
In the old days a roofer had to come to your home and measure and ask you a thousand questions. The reality is that they do need to know the answers to several questions and they can’t quote without knowing the dimensions of your roof. The good news is that today they don’t have to necessarily come to your house to get those answers.
Some can now fill out an online questionnaire and with satellite images give precise measurements. These measurements will show the pitches of the roof from an “eye in the sky” that will provide enough information to give you a 98% accurate estimate. Then when the Indianapolis roofing contractor comes to the home to get the contract signed and set the installation date, they can verify the measurements and also see any extra things that might have been missed. This saves the roofing company a trip but the satellite images do cost the company so don’t be surprised if there is a charge for the convenience of getting a fast and accurate estimate without a ladder.
4) Always review the contract
When you think that you’ve settled on a company, have them draft up a contract and walk you through it. Pay attention to parts that they gloss over, try to downplay, or urge you to sign without reading. Nobody adds stuff to a contract just to make it longer.
Once you’ve heard their version, accept the contract and take it to someone with experience in legal matters. If you have an uncle in the legal business, it doesn’t hurt to pay him a visit. Paying for a short consultation with an attorney might seem pricey at first, but weigh that money against what you’ll stand to lose to an unscrupulous roofer. Make sure that the way your legal expert interprets the contract is the same as the way the contractor explained it to you. Also keep in mind that attornies are paid to find trouble so don’t accept everything they find as urgent. Sometimes they just question things so they can convince you that they are earning your money.
5) Review your experience before agreeing to do business
That their estimate is reasonable and their contract is above-board, but you’re not quite in the clear. Review your experience and ask yourself some basic questions about your customer service experience to date:
- Did you get prompt returns to calls and emails?
- Did the staff you spoke to seem knowledgeable?
- Did the technician or salesman try high-pressure sales tactics, such as offering you a discount if you signed the contract that day?
- Did technicians bad mouth other Indianapolis roofing contractors or otherwise discourage you from seeking another opinion?
You need clear communication with positive, honest sales tactics to close sales. Choose a Indianapolis roofer who is personable, knowledgeable, and doesn’t turn their interview into a chance to bad mouth the competition. At the same time, realize that their time is valuable and they don’t give estimates for a living so when you find the one that you one that you want, call the others and tell them that you have found a roofer.
Finding a roofer, commercial or residential, that meets your needs can be difficult. When you’re worried about getting your repairs done, there’s a temptation to rush into a contract, no matter how many red flags you may be getting. Use these tips to slow down, focus on what’s important, and be sure that your roof repair will be top notch. The same process works for gutters and downspouts as well.
Call us at BestIndianapolisRoofing.com for a free estimate on your Indianapolis roof replacement today.
If you are looking for a roofing contractor in Louisville, KY, check out BestLouisvilleRoofing.com
Protect your Indianapolis Roofing from Mold
Mold is a serious issue to consider when thinking about your Indianapolis roofing. Improper roofing can lead to mold and that can impact your home maintenance and also the quality of your own health. The Environmental Protection Agency stated that 100 percent of all mold types have the potential to cause negative health effects. These can lead to death and severe diseases, as well to damage of your home. Proper cleaning of your Indianapolis roof, siding, and gutters can prevent the buildup of mold.
Mold can be especially harmful in your gutters and roof. Neglecting cleaning your shingles and gutters can lead to home and health damage. Basements can undergo water damage from clogged gutters, and that leads to mold damage in the basement. When gutters backup, they cause water to overflow from the gutter and collect in low spots. Water will accumulate around the foundation and seep into your basement. This can lead to flooding, and the aftermath is often mold growth.
Mold growth in attics can also be a health hazard as well as can destroy many memorabilia that you may have stored there. Mold can destroy old photos as well as damage furniture.
Working with a professional Indianapolis roofing and gutter company can stop these problems before they get started. Have professionals check the downspouts and make sure that they direct the water away from the house and/or your neighbor’s house. They should be pointed to the road, or a sewer, or a back yard. Make certain that the water is directed at least 6 feet from yours or your neighbor’s house.
Gutters should be cleaned out and the downspouts are sprayed clean. Use low pressure and a good cleaner on your roof so as to not spray off the coatings that protect your roof. Proper gutter and roof cleaning will stop the buildup of mold and algae.
Preventing disasters like basement flooding is a huge benefit of proper roof, downspouts, and gutter maintenance, but stopping the growth of mold is a most important aspect to health. Focusing on your home’s maintenance allows you and your family to live without the dangers on sickness due to mold.
If you are concerned about mold in your Indianapolis roof, give us a call at 1-866-596-1620.
Doing it Right- Commercial Roofing
In the past 20 years, the commercial roofing market has enjoyed new advancements in the materials and applications of commercial roofs. Because of the high costs of commercial roofs, Best Indiana Roofing offers three Indianapolis commercial roofing opportunities.
1) Indianapolis Commercial Roof Repair– If you need a temporary solution to a roofing problem because of an immediate issue, we can repair a leak or a visual issue. Services include a temporary repair such as caulking and minor resurfacing. The majority of leaks occur around the flashing. This where the roof takes a change of direction due to air conditioner units, skylights, vents, and walls, and flashing is used to redirect the water.
If your roof is still in good condition and has many years left on it, Best Indianapolis Roofing can be an immediate solution to a leaking roof without a major interruption in your business.
2) Indianapolis Commercial Roof Rejuvenation– A roof restoration may significantly extend the life of your Indianapolis commercial roof. Our commercial roofing experts are trained to recognize when a refurbish is appropriate before a replacement is necessary. This can save you a lot of money if the life of the commercial roof can be extended.
3) Indianapolis Commercial Roof Replacement-If a commercial roof cannot be rejuvenated or repaired, then a roof replacement is the last resort. A new roof on a commercial property is a long-term solution and could provide trouble-free roofing solutions for 20 years or more. Indiana Best Roofing has a large variety of roofing solutions that will fit your goals and budget.
A roof protects everything it stands over so make sure that you are covering your investments from the top down.
- Call today for a detailed quote on your Indiana Commercial Roofing solution.
If you need a roofer in the Cincinnati area, try www.BestCincinnatiRoofing.com
When do I replace my Indiana Roof?
There is a time to replace your Indiana roof and a time to replace your Indiana roofing. This infographic may help you to decide.
Call us at Best Indiana Roofing if you need a quote on repair or replacement of your Indianapolis roof
Doing it right– Residential
Best Indiana Roofing understands how important a roof is to a house. It protects everything below it! Roofs protect floors, furniture, pictures, foundations, and even the turf on your lawn. We therefore strive to provide unmatched integrity, highest, quality, and the best customer service to our clients. Here is why our customers continue to use us year after year:
- Our top notch best practices and products provide you with the best possible quality available on the market today.
- Our project flow procedure will ensure your satisfaction upon completion, guaranteed!
- The products we install will be unmatched in quality and fully warrantied.
- Our standards will ensure the local city code requirements to provide a worry free roof for years to come.
- We and our product manufacturers stand behind our installations with strong warranties and proven customer service.
- At Best Indiana Roofing, our high performance roofing system includes more than just shingles, which is why we advocate the installation of a complete roofing system. It is supported by a number of components such as insulation, ice and water shield, sufficient ventilation and proper installation.
- Our teams of Indiana roofers are highly skilled, well trained, and internally monitored to ensure our clients receive the best possible Indiana roof.
Call us today at Best Indiana Roofing for a free quote.